The youth in 7th through 12th grade have the opportunity to participate in a unique week-long summer experience. The purpose of this summer trip is to serve the Midwest community and build friendships: it is a combination of a mission trip and a choir tour.
Summer 2015: Hearts, Hands Hammer (H3), June 19-27
- We work on a variety of home repair projects: minor repairs, painting, remodeling, re-roofing, deck building, landscaping, painting.
- We enjoy working with kids too: “Sidewalk Sunday”, Boys & Girls Clubs, local VBS.
- We think it’s most rewarding when working side-by-side with the homeowners or the children.
- We build relationships!
- 2014: Spirit Lake Reservation, North Dakota
- 2013: St. Louis Missouri
- 2012: Rockford, Illinois
- 2011: Flint, Michigan
- 2010: Spirit Lake Reservation, North Dakota
- 2009: Chicago & Indianapolis
- 2008: Pikeville, Kentucky
- We write our own musical based on one of the stories or a specific verse in the Bible.
- We make sure everyone in youth group contributes to the musical – even those who choose not to sing or act.
- We take our musical “on the road” and perform it going to / coming from the mission destination site.
- 2014: Dare to Believe
- 2013: Jesse vs. High School: A Story of Love
- 2012: Sunday Morning Live!
- 2011: Kindess, Justice, and Humbletude
- 2010: Answer the Call – Joan of Minnesota
- 2009: On the Even of Eden
- 2008: Job