Social Justice and Compassion Ministries
FAUMC has rich history of involvement in ministries of social justice and compassion. These ministries are guided through the work of Committee on Social Justice and Compassion, as well as through many other groups and individuals within the congregation including the United Methodist Women and youth & children‘s programs.
The mission of the Committee on Social Justice and Compassion is to equip and support the members and friends of FAUMC as they: build awareness of needs and issues, identify and strengthen their gifts and talents, discover God?s calling to serve, and carry out acts of compassion and justice in the name of Christ for the transformation of the community globally and locally, whether as individuals, as groups within the church, or as a whole congregation.
- Prepare and serve meals at Simpson Housing Service‘s homeless shelter in Minneapolis, MN for men and women. We typically serve four meals a year, including Thanksgiving dinner.
- Participating annually in a Habitat for Humanity home building project.
Connections and Other Ministries
- Emma Norton Services support and volunteer opportunities
- Imagine No Malaria, UMC effort to end Malaria in Sub-Sahara Africa by 2015
- Thiu Rancho missionary support
- St. Paul Area Council of Churches (SPACC) member
- Alternative Giving through Church World Service
To Learn More
To learn more about these ministries, contact FAUMC at 651-699-1335 or firstname.lastname@example.org.